Subchapter 1. Equal Employment Opportunity Programs. Article 1. General. District Plan.
(a) The governing board of each community college district shall develop and adopt a district-wide written equal employment opportunity plan to implement its equal employment opportunity program. Such plans shall be submitted to the Chancellor's Office. The Chancellor's Office retains the authority to review district plans on a case-by-case basis.
(b) Each district shall review its EEO Plan at least once every three years and revise as determined necessary. Any revised EEO Plan shall be submitted to the Chancellor's Office, which retains the authority to review such revisions on a case-by-case basis.
(c) In particular, the plan shall include all of the following:
(1) the designation of the district employee or employees who have been delegated responsibility and authority for implementing the plan and assuring compliance with the requirements of this subchapter pursuant to section 53020;
(2) the procedure for filing complaints pursuant to section 53026 and the person with whom such complaints are to be filed;
(3) a process for notifying all district employees of the provisions of the plan and the policy statement required under section 53002;
(4) a process for ensuring that district employees who participate on screening or selection committees receive training, prior to their participation. Training shall include, but need not be limited to:
(A) the requirements of this subchapter and of state and federal nondiscrimination laws;
(B) the educational benefits of workforce diversity;
(C) the elimination of bias in hiring decisions; and
(D) best practices in serving on a selection or screening committee;
(5) a process for providing annual written notice to appropriate community-based and professional organizations concerning the district's plan and the need for assistance from the community and such organizations in identifying qualified applicants. ?Written? notice may include mailings and electronic communications;
(6) a process for gathering information and periodic, longitudinal analysis of the district's employees and applicants, broken down by number of persons from monitored group status, in each of the job categories listed in section 53004(a) to determine whether additional measures are required pursuant to section 53006 and to implement and evaluate the effectiveness of those measures. Each district, based on its size, demographics and other unique factors shall determine the appropriate time frame for periodic review, and reflect this in its EEO Plan;
(7) to the extent data regarding potential job applicants is provided by the State Chancellor, an analysis of the degree to which monitored groups are underrepresented in comparison to their representation in the field or job category in numbers of persons from such groups whom the Chancellor determines to be available and qualified to perform the work required for each such job category and whether or not the underrepresentation is significant;
(8) methods for addressing any underrepresentation identified pursuant to paragraph (7) of this subdivision; and
(9) a process for developing and implementing strategies, as described in section 53024.1, necessary to demonstrate on-going, institutional commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity, as defined in sections 53001(c) and (e).
(d) The plans submitted to the Chancellor shall be public records.
(e) Each community college district shall make a continuous good faith effort to comply with the requirements of the plan required under this section.
Education Code 66271.1
Education Code 66700
Education Code 70901
Government Code 11138
Statutes 1988, Chapter 923, Section 4
Education Code 66010.2
Education Code 66030
Education Code 66071
Education Code 66270
Education Code 87360
Government Code 11135-11139.5
(Amended by Register 2014, No. 29.)