(a) The governing board of a district wishing to conduct a flexible calendar pursuant to this article shall obtain the advance approval of the Chancellor. The request for approval shall be on a form provided by the Chancellor, and shall address at least the following:
(1) A complete description of the calendar configuration.
(2) The number of days of instruction and evaluation which will meet the requirements of the 175-Day Rule (Section 58120 of this part).
(3) The number of days during which instructional staff will participate in staff. student. and instructional improvement activities in lieu of part of regular classroom instruction.
(4) The activities which college personnel will be engaged in during their designated staff. student and instructional improvement days. Activities for college personnel may also include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(A) course instruction and evaluation;
(B) staff development. in-service training and instructional improvement.
(C) program and course curriculum or learning resource development and evaluation;
(D) student personnel services;
(E) learning resource services;
(F) related activities. such as student advising. guidance. orientation, matriculation services. and student, faculty, and staff diversity;
(G) departmental or division meetings. conferences and workshops, and institutional research;
(H) other duties as assigned by the district;
(I) the necessary supporting activities for the above;
(5) A certification that all college personnel. as defined. will be involved in at least one of the activities authorized in Subsection (4) For the purposes of this section, "all college personnel" shall include any district employee specified by the district in its approved plan to participate in such activities; and
(6) A certification that the district will fully implement the provisions of Section 55730. as well as a description of the current status of such implementation. and a timetable for completion of the initial implementation.
(b) The Chancellor shall approve a request which is found to be complete and meets the requirements of law.
Education Code 66700
Education Code 70901
Education Code 84890
Education Code 84890
(Amended by Register 92, No. 7).