Electronic Applications and Electronic Signatures. Chapter 5. Students. Subchapter 4.5. Electronic Submissions
(a) Community college districts may authorize the electronic submission of any admission form or student form or document.
(b) Electronic signatures in lieu of manual signatures may be used on any documents requiring a signature, providing the electronic signature meets the following standards, unless otherwise required to meet a higher standard under federal or state regulation or law:
(1) It is unique to the person using it.
(2) It is capable of verification.
(3) It is under the sole control of the person using it.
(4) It is linked to data in such a manner that if the data are changed, the digital signature is invalidated.
(5) It conforms to regulations adopted by the Secretary of State.
(c) Prior to the electronic submission of any information, districts will inform applicants and students of the relative security of the information they submit electronically.
Education Code 66700
Education Code 70901
Education Code 70901.1,
Education Code 70901.1
(Amended by Register 2015, No. 17.)