Subchapter 2. Parking For Students With Disabilities. Parking for Students with Disabilities.
(a) Each community college district which provides parking shall, consistent with the requirements of this section and Education Code section 67301, provide parking at each of its colleges or centers to students with disabilities and those providing transportation for such students.
(b) For purposes of this section, "students with disabilities" are those who have enrolled at the college and:
(1) qualify as disabled persons or disabled veterans pursuant to section 22511.5 of the Vehicle Code; or
(2) are entitled to special parking provided through Disabled Student Programs and Services pursuant to subchapter 1 (commencing with section 56000) of chapter 7 of this division.
(c) Students with disabilities using parking provided under this section may be required to display a distinguishing license plate or placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to section 22511.5 of the Vehicle Code or a special sticker issued by the college authorizing parking in spaces designated for persons with disabilities.
(d) Students with disabilities may be required to pay parking permit fees imposed pursuant to Education Code section 76360. Students with disabilities shall not be required to pay any other charge, or be subjected to any time limitation or other restriction not specified herein, when parking in any of the following areas:
(1) any restricted zone described in subdivision (a) of section 21458 of the Vehicle Code;
(2) any street upon which preferential parking privileges and height limits have been given pursuant to section 22507 of the Vehicle Code;
(3) any parking zone that is restricted as to the length of time parking is permitted as indicated by a sign erected pursuant to a local ordinance;
(4) any metered zone; or
(5) any space in any lot or area otherwise designated for use by faculty, staff, administrators, or visitors.
(e) Parking specifically designated for persons with disabilities pursuant to Section 7102 of Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations shall be available to students with disabilities, and those providing transportation to such persons, in those parking areas which are most accessible to facilities which the district finds are most used by students.
(f) Each community college district shall post in conspicuous places notice that parking is available to students with disabilities and those providing transportation for such students.
(g) When parking provided pursuant to this section is located in an area where access is controlled by a mechanical gate, the district shall ensure that accommodations are made for students with disabilities who are unable to operate the gate controls. Accommodations may be provided by an attendant assigned to assist in operation of the gate or by any other effective means deemed appropriate by the district.
(h) Revenue from parking fees collected pursuant to Education Code section 76360 may be used to offset the costs of implementing this section.
Education Code 66700
Education Code 67301
Education Code 70901
Education Code 67301
Education Code 76360
Vehicle Code 21458
Vehicle Code 22507
Vehicle Code 22511.5
(Amended by Register 2006, No. 17.)