Chapter 1. California Student Aid Commission. Article 3.5. Cal Grant Alternative Delivery System Pilot Program. Application to Participate in the ADS Pilot Program.
(a) A qualifying institution may elect to participate in the ADS Pilot Program. Applications to participate in the ADS Pilot Program shall include the following information on a form provided by the Commission (Appendix A):
(1) Qualifying institution information including:
(A) Name of the Institution;
(B) Address of the Institution;
(C) Office of Postsecondary Education Identification Number (OPE ID);
(D) The method of awarding by which the institution will determine awards is either:
(1) Institutional Determination - Method by which the participating institution selects award participants from available FAFSA and the Commission's GPA data; or
(2) Commission Determination - Method by which the institution uses the Commission's existing awards engine to identify eligible participants.
(3) Qualifying institution's representation that the institution will:
(A) Make eligibility determinations using Institutional Determination or Commission Determination consistent with the requirements of the Cal Grant program and requirements adopted by the Commission;
(B) Inform a pilot participant of his or her Cal Grant award no later than the date the pilot participant must make his or her enrollment decision for the following academic year. The award shall be made as part of the qualifying institutions complete financial aid award so that the pilot participant is aware of all the student aid that he or she is eligible to receive;
(C) Provide information to the pilot participant that he or she may be eligible to use the Cal Grant award at another qualifying institution to which he or she is or may be admitted;
(D) Report to the Commission by December 10 of the award year:
(1) Aggregate information on applicants for Cal Grant awards and pilot participants, by income level, gender, age, and ethnicity;
(2) Aggregate information on pilot participants who have withdrawn from their qualifying institutions;
(3) Aggregate information on pilot participants whose awards have not been disbursed;
(4) Information on the total amount of institutional aid available for students at the qualifying institution, the total number of pilot participants of institutional aid, the total amount of institutional aid provided to pilot participants of Cal Grant awards at the qualifying institution, and the amount of institutional aid awarded to pilot participants;
(5) Information on the amount of other financial aid, including, but not necessarily limited to, fee waivers, federal loans, private loans, and work study awarded to pilot participants;
(E) Report to the Commission any other information determined by the Commission to be necessary to fulfill its responsibilities under the Cal Grant Program including, but not limited to, information necessary to determine Cal Grant funding projections for the State Budget.
(3) The qualifying institution's certification that it understands:
(A) Data files to communicate with the Commission will be sent in the manner prescribed in the Grant Delivery System (GDS) for ADS Pilot Program participation;
(B) It shall function as a one-stop shop for student financial aid;
(C) All costs associated with developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving the pilot alternative delivery system shall be paid by the qualifying institutions that elect to participate in the ADS Pilot Program;
(D) Participation in the ADS Pilot Program is voluntary and does not constitute a cost that is reimbursable under Part 7 (commencing with Section 17500) of Division 4 of Title 2 of the Government Code;
(E) All cost associated with a qualifying institution's election to participate in the ADS Pilot Program shall be paid by the qualifying institution and , if the qualifying institution is a public institution, shall not require any additional state funds.
(4) The application shall be signed and dated by the qualifying institution's Chancellor, Chief Executive Officer, or President of the institution.
(5) The application shall include the typed or printed name and title, address, email address, phone number and fax number of Chancellor, Chief Executive Officer, or President of the institution.
(6) The application shall include an institutional contact person's name, title, address, phone number, fax number and email address.
(b) The Commission shall review, and may conditionally approve, the application if the Commission determines the institution complies with all application requirements.
(c) A qualifying institution may not award Cal Grants until the Commission has given final approval of its application.
Education Code 69452
Education Code 69453
Education Code 69454
Education Code 69456
Education Code 69458
(Added by Register 2011, No. 3.)