California Cultural And Historical Endowment Act; Museum and Cultural Resources Program
To the extent that funding is available for such purposes, the endowment shall establish a program to assist and enhance the services of California's museums and of other groups and institutions that undertake cultural projects that are deeply rooted in and reflective of previously underserved communities. This program shall give priority to:
(a) Enhancing opportunities for superior museum and cultural program services.
(b) Encouraging museums and cultural programs to provide services to school pupils, including any of the following:
(1) Curriculum development.
(2) Schoolsite presentations or workshops.
(3) Teacher training.
(4) Reduced price or free admission of pupils to museums.
(c) Collaborative projects and technical assistance to coordinate the work of eligible museums and cultural programs and to enhance the ability of museums and cultural programs to serve the public. Priority shall be given to any project that does any of the following:
(1) Assists an eligible museum or cultural program in serving an historically underserved population.
(2) Aids a museum or cultural program in diversifying or expanding its audience.
(3) Aids a museum or cultural program in raising its professional standards in order to better serve the public.
(d) Projects that increase accessibility to museums' and cultural programs' collections and services.
(Amended by Stats. 2003, Ch. 62, Sec. 36.)