topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  49111  

Work permit   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

A permit to work may be issued to any minor over the age of 12 years and under the age of 18 years to be employed on a regular school holiday, during the regular vacation of the public school, during such time as the minor is exempt from compulsory school attendance pursuant to Section 48231, and during the period of a specified occasional public school vacation in any of the establishments or occupations not otherwise prohibited by law.

(Amended by Stats. 1977, Ch. 1221.)