topleft >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  100165  

Withdrawals from General Fund   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) For the purposes of carrying out this chapter, the Director of Finance may authorize the withdrawal from the General Fund of an amount or amounts not to exceed the amount of the unsold bonds that have been authorized by the State School Building Finance Committee or the Higher Education Facilities Finance Committee to be sold for the purpose of carrying out this chapter. Any amounts withdrawn shall be deposited in the State School Building Lease-Purchase Fund and the 1996 Higher Education Capital Outlay Bond Fund. Any money made available under this section shall be returned to the General Fund, plus an amount equal to the interest the money would have earned in the Pooled Money Investment Account, from proceeds received from the sale of bonds for the purpose of carrying out this chapter.

(b) Any request forwarded to the Legislature and the Department of Finance for funds from this bond issue for expenditure for the purposes described in Section 100120 by the University of California, the California State University, or the California Community Colleges shall be accompanied by the five-year capital outlay plan of the particular university or college and shall include a schedule that prioritizes the seismic retrofitting needed to significantly reduce, by the 2002-03 fiscal year, in the judgment of the particular university or college, seismic hazards in buildings identified as high priority by the university or college.

(Added by Stats. 1996, Ch. 1, Sec. 1.)


Education Code 100120