topleft CSBA.org >  Services >  Governance Technology > 

Legal Resources | Education Code |  EC  20033  

California Reading And Literacy Improvement And Public Library Construction And Renovation Bond Act Of 2006; Program Provisions   

arrow Previous bar Next arrow

(a) Each grant recipient shall provide matching funds from any available source in an amount equal to 35 percent of the costs of the project. The remaining 65 percent of the costs of the project, up to a maximum of twenty million dollars ($20,000,000) per project, shall be provided through allocations from the fund.

(b) Qualifying matching funds shall be cash expenditures in the categories specified in Section 20026 which are made not earlier than five years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian. Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (c), in-kind expenditures do not qualify as matching funds.

(c) Land donated or otherwise acquired for use as a site for the facility, including, but not limited to, land purchased more than five years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian, may count towards the required 35 percent local fund contribution at its appraised value as of the date of the application. This subdivision does not apply to land acquired with funds authorized pursuant to Part 68 (commencing with Section 100400), Part 68.1 (commencing with Section 100600), or Part 68.2 (commencing with Section 100800) if approved by the voters.

(d) Expenditures for payment of architect fees for plans and drawings for library renovation and new construction, including, but not limited to, plans and drawings purchased more than five years prior to the submission of the application to the State Librarian, may count towards the required 35 percent local funds contribution.

(Added by Stats. 2004, Ch. 698, Sec. 1.)

Reference:

Education Code 20026

Education Code 100400

Education Code 100600

Education Code 100800