(a) Each school district is encouraged to keep an accounting of all requests made for alternative attendance pursuant to this article and records of all disposition of those requests that may include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
(1) The number of requests granted, denied, or withdrawn. In the case of denied requests, the records may indicate the reasons for the denials.
(2) The number of pupils who transfer out of the district.
(3) The number of pupils who transfer into the district.
(4) The race, ethnicity, gender, self-reported socioeconomic status, and the school district of residence of each of the pupils described in paragraphs (2) and (3).
(5) The number of pupils described in paragraphs (2) and (3) who are classified as English learners or identified as individuals with exceptional needs, as defined in Section 56026.
(b) The information maintained pursuant to subdivision (a) may be reported to the governing board of the school district at a regularly scheduled meeting of the governing board.
(Added by Stats. 2010, 5th Ex. Sess., Ch. 3, Sec. 1.)
Education Code 56026