(a) To inform actions taken by the Governor and the Legislature related to adult education, the chancellor and the Superintendent shall report to the Director of Finance, the State Board of Education, and, in conformity with Section 9795 of the Government Code, the Legislature about the use of the funds described in paragraph (5) of subdivision (b) of Section 84906 and outcomes for adults statewide and in each adult education region. The chancellor and the Superintendent shall provide preliminary reports on or before October 30 following each fiscal year for which funds are appropriated for the program and final reports on or before February 1 of the following year. Each report shall be based on all data available at the time of its submission. The report shall include at least all of the following:
(1) A summary of the adult education plan operative for each consortium.
(2) The distribution schedule for each consortium.
(3) The types and levels of services provided by each consortium.
(4) The effectiveness of each consortium in meeting the educational needs of adults in its respective region.
(5) Any recommendations related to delivery of education and workforce services for adults, including recommendations related to improved alignment of state programs.
(b) (1) The chancellor and the Superintendent may require a consortium, as a condition of receipt of an apportionment, to submit any reports or data necessary to produce the report described in subdivision (a).
(2) The chancellor and the Superintendent shall align the data used to produce the report described in subdivision (a) with data reported by local educational agencies for other purposes, such as data used for purposes of the federal Workforce Opportunity and Innovation Act (Public Law 113-128).
(3) The Employment Development Department and the California Workforce Investment Board shall provide any assistance needed to align delivery of services across state and regional workforce, education, and job service programs.
(Amended by Stats. 2016, Ch. 24, Sec. 19.)