(a) The governing board of each public postsecondary education segment shall be accountable for the development and implementation of formal systemwide articulation agreements and transfer agreement programs, including those for general education or a transfer core curriculum and other appropriate procedures to support and enhance the transfer function.
(b) The elements in a comprehensive transfer system shall include, but not be limited. to, the following:
(1) Enrollment and resource planning; intersegmental faculty curricular efforts.
(2) Coordinated counseling.
(3) Financial aid and transfer services.
(4) Transfer articulation agreements and programs.
(5) Specific efforts to improve diversity.
(6) Early outreach activities.
(7) Expansion of current practices relating to concurrent enrollment of community college students in appropriate university courses.
(c) The governing board o f each segment shall expand existing practices related to concurrent enrollment, in which community college students are provided the opportunity to take courses at University of California and California State University campuses, as space is available; and to expand opportunities for potential transfer students to participate in activities that familiarize them with the university campus.
(Added by Stats. 1991, Ch. 1188, Sec. 5.)