(a) The Legislature recognizes that community college districts are currently funding various components of student matriculation through existing orientation, counseling and advising, education planning, assessment, and other student services, but that adequate student matriculation and implementation of the Student Success and Support Program strategies cannot be realized without supplemental funding support.
(b) The board of governors shall develop a formula for allocating the funding for the Student Success and Support Program to implement the services identified in Section 78212 at community colleges. The formula shall include the requirement that the districts or colleges contribute matching funds in an amount to be established by the board of governors in each case, and shall reflect, but not be necessarily limited to, other considerations as follows:
(1) The number of students to receive services at each college.
(2) The number of students who received orientation, assessment, counseling and advising, and other education planning services.
(3) The requirement that funds for the Student Success and Support Program services be expended only for services approved by the board of governors.
(4) The requirement that any district or college receiving funding pursuant to this section agree to implement this article, implement the board of governors' system of common assessment, if using an assessment instrument for placement, and implement the board of governors' accountability scorecard, pursuant to Section 84754.5, when established during the period in which it receives that funding.
(5) Insofar as a community college district is able to fully implement in-person or technology strategies for orientation, assessment, and education planning services, the board of governors may identify other noninstructional support services that can be funded through this article.
(c) The board of governors shall require participating colleges to develop a Student Success and Support Program plan that reflects all of the following:
(1) A description of the Student Success and Support Program services identified in Section 78212 to be provided.
(2) A description of the college's process to identify students at risk for academic or progress probation and the college's plan for interventions or services to students.
(3) The college budget for the state-funded Student Success and Support Program services pursuant to Sections 78212 and 78214.
(4) The development and training of staff and faculty to implement the Student Success and Support Program services.
(5) In multicampus districts, the coordination of the college Student Success and Support Program plan with other college plans within the district.
(6) Technology services and institutional research and evaluation necessary for implementation of this article.
(7) Coordination with college student equity plans to ensure that the college has identified strategies to monitor and address equity issues and mitigate any disproportionate impacts on student access and achievement.
(8) The extent to which the community college is able to develop partnerships with feeder high school districts, workforce agencies, and other community partners to assist entering students in career and educational exploration and planning and leverage resources to support a successful transition to college and career.
(d) The board of governors may allocate up to 5 percent of the total funds appropriated for the Student Success and Support Program for state administrative operations to carry out the intent of this article, subject to the review of the annual budget process.
(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 624, Sec. 11.)