(a) The Loan Advisory Council established pursuant to Section 69769 shall be composed of members appointed from the following groups:
(1) Four representatives of the lending community participating in the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
(2) One representative each from the University of California, the California State University, the California Community Colleges, a private nonprofit postsecondary education institution, and a private for-profit postsecondary education institution.
(3) One representative from the California Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
(4) Five student representatives from the same postsecondary segments listed in paragraph (2). In no event shall a student representative be appointed to serve simultaneously as the representative of more than one of these five postsecondary groups.
(5) One representative from a secondary market participating in the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
(6) One representative from the California Lenders for Education Association.
(b) The representatives appointed by the commission pursuant to subdivision (a) shall be selected by the commission from lists provided to its chair by each group described in that subdivision.
(Amended by Stats. 1998, Ch. 954, Sec. 4.)
Education Code 69769