(a) A proposal for a change of organization or a reorganization may be made by petition. The petition shall do all of the following:
(1) State that the proposal is made pursuant to this part.
(2) State the nature of the proposal and list all proposed changes of organization.
(3) Set forth a description of the boundaries of affected territory accompanied by a map showing the boundaries.
(4) Set forth any proposed terms and conditions.
(5) State the reason or reasons for the proposal.
(6) State whether the petition is signed by registered voters or owners of land.
(7) Designate up to three persons as chief petitioners, setting forth their names and mailing addresses.
(8) Request that proceedings be taken for the proposal pursuant to this part.
(9) State whether the proposal is consistent with the sphere of influence of any affected city or affected district.
(b) A petition for a proposal for a change of organization or a reorganization that includes the consolidation of two or more special districts not formed pursuant to the same principal act, in addition to the requirements set forth in subdivision (a), shall do either of the following:
(1) Designate the district that shall be the successor and specify under which principal act the successor shall conduct itself.
(2) State that the proposal requires the formation of a new district and includes a plan for services prepared pursuant to Section 56653.
(Amended by Stats. 2007, Ch. 98, Sec. 4.)