(a) "Public official" means every member, officer, employee or consultant of a state or local government agency.
(b) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), "public official" does not include the following:
(1) A judge or court commissioner in the judicial branch of government.
(2) A member of the Board of Governors and designated employees of the State Bar of California.
(3) A member of the Judicial Council.
(4) A member of the Commission on Judicial Performance, provided that he or she is subject to the provisions of Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 6035) of Chapter 4 of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code as provided in Section 6038 of that article.
(5) A federal officer or employee serving in an official federal capacity on a state or local government agency.
(Amended by Stats. 2004, Ch. 484, Sec. 3.)