Political Reform; Lobbyists; Article 1. Registration and Reporting
(a) Lobbying firms shall file periodic reports containing all of the following:
(1) The full name, address, and telephone number of the lobbying firm.
(2) The full name, business address, and telephone number of each person who contracted with the lobbying firm for lobbying services, a description of the specific lobbying interests of the person, and the total payments, including fees and the reimbursement of expenses, received from the person for lobbying services during the reporting period.
(3) The total amount of payments received for lobbying services during the period.
(4) A periodic report completed and verified by each lobbyist in the lobbying firm pursuant to Section 86113.
(5) Each activity expense incurred by the lobbying firm including those reimbursed by a person who contracts with the lobbying firm for lobbying services. A total of all activity expenses of the lobbying firm and all of its lobbyists shall be included.
(6) If the lobbying firm subcontracts with another lobbying firm for lobbying services:
(A) The full name, address, and telephone number of the subcontractor.
(B) The name of the person for whom the subcontractor was retained to lobby.
(C) The total amount of all payments made to the subcontractor.
(7) The date, amount, and the name of the recipient of any contribution of one hundred dollars ($100) or more made by the filer to an elected state officer, a state candidate, a committee controlled by an elected state officer or state candidate, or a committee primarily formed to support such officers or candidates. If this contribution is reported by the lobbying firm or by a committee sponsored by the lobbying firm in a campaign statement filed pursuant to Chapter 4 which is required to be filed with the Secretary of State, the filer may report only the name of the committee and the identification number of the committee.
(8) Any other information required by the commission consistent with the purposes and provisions of this chapter.
(b) In addition to the information required by subdivision (a), lobbying firms which qualify pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (a) of Section 82038.5 shall also report the name and title of each partner, owner, officer, and employee of the lobbying firm who, on at least five separate occasions during the reporting period, engaged in direct communication with any elective state official, legislative official, or agency official, for the purpose of influencing legislative or administrative action on behalf of a person who contracts with the lobbying firm for lobbying services. This does not include individuals whose actions were purely clerical.
(Amended by Stats. 1986, Ch. 905, Sec. 3.)