(a) The board of governors shall adopt regulations for the use of the fund. Those uses may include, but need not be limited to, all of the following:
(1) Activities designed to encourage community college students to become qualified for, and seek, employment as community college faculty or administrators.
(2) Outreach and recruitment.
(3) In-service training on equal employment opportunities.
(4) Accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
(5) Activities to promote equal employment opportunities and implement the requirements of this article.
(b) The Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges may use not more than 25 percent of the revenues in the fund to provide technical assistance, service, monitoring, and compliance functions. Service functions under this subdivision may include, but are not necessarily limited to, the provision of a clearinghouse for advertising community college district job opportunities and for allowing persons seeking jobs to make known their interest in community college employment. This clearinghouse shall include a special emphasis on faculty internship employment opportunities and on reaching students who are qualified for faculty internship programs. The remaining balance in the fund may be allocated to the individual community college districts as prescribed by the board of governors.
(Added by Stats. 2002, Ch. 1169, Sec. 2.)