(a) The commission shall accept nominations from accredited colleges and universities made pursuant to this article.
(b) The commission shall choose from among those nominations of graduate students and applicants who have completed their baccalaureate or graduate degrees with outstanding student loans, based upon criteria that may include, but are not necessarily limited to, all of the following:
(1) Grades at the undergraduate level in a subject field related to nursing.
(2) Grades in the undergraduate program.
(3) Aptitude for graduate work in the field of nursing.
(4) General aptitude for graduate study.
(5) Critical human resource needs.
(c) The commission may develop additional criteria for the selection of award recipients consistent with the purposes of this article.
(Amended by Stats. 2008, Ch. 183, Sec. 5.)