State Goals For Californias Postsecondary Education System
(a) It is the intent of the Legislature that appropriate metrics be identified, defined, and formally adopted for the purpose of monitoring progress toward the achievement of the goals specified in Section 66010.91. It is further the intent of the Legislature that all of the following occur:
(1) The metrics take into account the distinct missions of the different segments of postsecondary education.
(2) At least six, and no more than 12, metrics be developed that can be derived from publicly available data sources for purposes of periodically assessing the state?s progress toward meeting each of the goals specified in Section 66010.91.
(3) The metrics be disaggregated and reported by gender, race or ethnicity, income, age group, and full-time or part-time enrollment status, where appropriate and applicable.
(4) The metrics be used for purposes of the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 69433.2.
(5) The metrics take into account the performance measures required to be reported pursuant to Sections 89295 and 92675.
(b) It is the intent of the Legislature to promote progress on the statewide educational and economic policy goals specified in Section 66010.91 through budget and policy decisions regarding postsecondary education. It is the intent of the Legislature that the metrics be used to ensure the effective and efficient use of state resources available to postsecondary education. It is further the intent of the Legislature that progress on the adopted metrics be reported and considered as part of the annual State Budget process.
(Added by Stats. 2013, Ch. 367, Sec. 1.)