(a) The chancellor?s office, in consultation with the Office of Emergency Services and the Office of Homeland Security, shall, by January 1, 2009, develop emergency preparedness standards and guidelines to assist community college districts and campuses in the event of a natural disaster, hazardous condition, or terrorist activity on or around a community college campus.
(b) The standards and guidelines shall be developed in accordance with the Standardized Emergency Management System and the National Incident Management System, and shall be reviewed by the Office of Emergency Services in a manner that is consistent with existing policy. In developing the standards and guidelines, the chancellor?s office shall consider, but is not limited to, all of the following components:
(1) Information on establishing a campus emergency management team.
(2) Provisions regarding overview training for every employee within one year of commencement of employment.
(3) Information on specialized training for employees who may be designated as part of an emergency management team.
(4) Information on preparedness, prevention, response, recovery, and mitigation policies and procedures.
(5) Information on coordinating with the appropriate local, state, and federal government authorities, and nongovernmental entities on comprehensive emergency management and preparedness activities.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 352, Sec. 76.)