(a) This section shall apply commencing with the 2016-17 fiscal year.
(b) The chancellor and the Superintendent, with the advice of the executive director, shall approve, no later than February 28 of the prior fiscal year, a preliminary schedule of allocations to each consortium of any funds proposed in the Governor's Budget for the program.
(c) The chancellor and the Superintendent, with the advice of the executive director, shall approve, within 15 days of enactment of the annual Budget Act, a final schedule of allocations to each consortium of any funds appropriated by the Legislature for the program.
(d) The chancellor and the Superintendent shall determine the amount to be allocated to each consortium based on the following:
(1) The amount of funds apportioned to the members of that consortium in the immediately preceding fiscal year.
(2) That adult education region's share of the statewide need for adult education.
(3) That consortium's effectiveness in meeting the educational needs of adults in the adult education region based on available data.
(e) Using the final schedule approved pursuant to subdivision (c), the chancellor and the Superintendent shall do one of the following for each consortium:
(1) Apportion funds to a fund administrator designated by the members of a consortium beginning no more than 30 days after approval of the final schedule of allocations.
(2) Apportion funds to members of a consortium beginning no more than 30 days after receipt of a final distribution schedule from that consortium.
(Added by Stats. 2015, Ch. 13, Sec. 39.)