(a) This part may be cited as the Uniform District Election Law.
(b) As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Affected county" means a county in which any land of the district or agency is situated.
(2) "Director" means a member of the governing body.
(3) "District" or "agency" means any district or agency of the type designated by and formed pursuant to the provisions of any principal act that incorporates this part.
(4) "Elective office" means any office that may, under the principal act of the district or agency, be filled by way of an election.
(5) "Elective officer" means "elective officer" as defined by the principal act of each district or agency or if not defined, any officer of a district or agency holding an office that can be filled by election.
(6) "General district election" means an election held pursuant to the provisions of this part.
(7) "Governing body" means the board of directors of a district or agency or the board or body which governs the activities of the district or agency.
(8) "Landowner voting district" means a district whose principal act requires an elector to be an owner of land located within the district.
(9) "Principal act" means the law providing for the creation of a particular district or agency or type of district or agency.
(10) "Principal county" means the county in which all the land in the district or agency is situated, or if the district or agency is situated in more than one county, the county in which the greatest portion of the land in the district or agency is situated.
(11) "Resident voting district" means any district other than a landowner voting district.
(12) "Secretary" means the secretary of the governing body or a person designated by him or her to perform a duty of the secretary.
(13) "Supervising authority" means the board of supervisors of the county in which is situated all or most of the land of a district.
(14) "Voter" means a voter or elector as respectively defined in the principal act of each district or agency.
(Amended by Stats. 2002, Ch. 221, Sec. 19.)