Chapter 19.5. Calworks and Child Care and Development Programs. Subchapter 3. Calworks Stage 3 Child Care Program. Article 2. Requirements and Procedures for Receiving Calworks Stage 3 Services. Enrollment into CalWORKs Stage 3 By Transfer from Another CalWORKs Agency
(a) A family is transferred into Stage 3 from a county welfare department's Stage 1 program or another contractor's Stage 2 or Stage 3 program when the following information is obtained by the receiving contractor:
(1) The parent's(s) full name(s), address(es), and telephone number(s);
(2) The names and birth dates of all children under the age of 18 living with the family, regardless of whether they are served in the CalWORKs program;
(3) The number of hours of child care needed each day for each child;
(4) The names of other family members in the household who are related by blood, marriage, or adoption;
(5) The reason for needing child care services;
(6) Family size and adjusted monthly income;
(7) Employment or training information for parent(s) including name and address of employer(s) or training institutions(s) and days and hours of employment or training;
(8) Rate of payment; and
(9) The name, address, and telephone number of the child care provider and the type of eligible provider, pursuant to section 18227.
(b) The transfer process specified in subdivision (a) is not required when a family is transferring from another CalWORKs Stage 2 or Stage 3 contract with the same contractor.
(c) Once the receiving contractor obtains the information contained in subdivision (a) and determines that the information is complete, the receiving contractor shall:
(1) Assume responsibility for reimbursing the provider for the child care services provided effective the first of the month after the family has timed out of Stage 1 or Stage 2; and
(2) Send or otherwise provide a notice to the family documenting the information and requiring that the family certify by signature that the information is accurate. Such certification shall comply with the timelines established by the contractor's policies and procedures. The contractor shall notify the family of the timeframe by which the certification must be returned, and that child care will be terminated, pursuant to section 18434, if the certification is not received within that timeframe.
(3) If the family indicates that the information obtained by the receiving contractor pursuant to subdivision (a) is inaccurate or there has been a change, the new Stage 3 contractor shall update the information pursuant to section 18425(b).
(d) The contractor shall enroll eligible families into Stage 3 as they time out without regard to prioritization until the notification from the CDE pursuant to subdivision (e) below is received.
(e) If at any time during the fiscal year the contractor believes that accepting eligible families into Stage 3 as they time out would result in over enrollment, the contractor shall notify the CDE.
(f) Notwithstanding Chapter 19, section 18225, when a contractor is informed by the CDE that all Stage 3 funds have been allocated for a given fiscal year and contracts will no longer be augmented during that fiscal year, the contractor shall:
(1) Review the Stage 1 and 2 caseload designated to transfer into the contractor's Stage 3 contract each month for the remainder of the current fiscal year. The contractor shall determine if the current fiscal year Stage 3 funds available are sufficient to continue child care for all families that will time out of Stage 1 and 2 services each month of the current fiscal year.
(2) Continue to enroll families without regard to prioritization until the specific month that funding is insufficient to enroll all families that have timed out of Stage 1 and 2 the previous month.
(3) Upon determination that funding is insufficient to provide services to all families that will time out in a specific month, enroll families until all Stage 3 funds are fully utilized, with priority given to families with the lowest adjusted monthly income in relation to family size in accordance with the family fee schedule.
(4) Not establish a waiting list for CalWORKs Stage 3 of otherwise eligible families when there are insufficient funds pursuant to this section.
(g)Subsequently, if additional Stage 3 funding becomes available due to attrition, the families that have timed out in the month that funding becomes available shall be enrolled with priority given to families with the lowest adjusted monthly income in relation to family size in accordance with the family fee schedule.
(h) The contractor shall mail or personally deliver a completed notice of action to the parent(s) pursuant to section 18434 when services are to be terminated due to insufficient funds.
Education Code 8263
Education Code 8350.5
Education Code 8354
(Amended by Register 2012, No. 52.)