(a) Permission of the president of a campus to stop, park or leave standing a vehicle on property of a campus may be granted to persons who have paid a parking fee or have been granted a parking fee waiver subject to the limits and conditions in subsection (b)(6.) The fee and refund of the fee shall be in accordance with schedules approved by the Trustees. Proportionate charges shall be made for lesser periods or occasional use of parking areas. Payment of prescribed parking fees by deposit of coins in mechanical devices provided by the campus shall constitute compliance with this section. Evidence of compliance with this section shall be demonstrated by display in plain view on each vehicle of a valid parking permit or by other means prescribed by the president. The president of the campus shall provide parking fee financial assistance to any student with disabilities who has demonstrated financial need according to the need analysis procedure for campus based financial aid authorized by Title IV of the federal Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. Section 1087kk et seq.), and who possesses a distinguishing license plate or placard issued by the State of California's Department of Motor Vehicles or by the appropriate authority of another state, and who requests such assistance. The president shall establish procedures for meeting such need by providing financial aid or by issuing a campus parking fee waiver.
(b) The payment of a fee shall not be required of:
(1) Persons stopping or parking a vehicle when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with a traffic control signal device or the direction of the Campus Police or a Campus Police Officer in the control of traffic;
(2) Persons, not employed by the campus, visiting the campus for the purpose of transacting state business with the campus;
(3) Persons stopping or parking a vehicle temporarily in areas designated by the campus for the purpose of loading or unloading merchandise or picking up or discharging passengers;
(4) Persons temporarily stopping, parking, or leaving a vehicle where such vehicle is disabled in such manner and to such extent that it is impossible to avoid stopping and temporarily leaving such disabled vehicle on said property;
(5) Occupants of residence halls constructed under the State College Revenue Bond Act of 1947 to whom parking facilities have been assigned pursuant to Section 42202.
(6) Students with disabilities who possess a distinguishing license plate or placard issued by the State of California's Department of Motor Vehicles or by the appropriate authority of another state, and who have demonstrated financial need for parking fee financial assistance as determined by the campus president according to the need analysis procedure for campus based financial aid authorized by Title IV of the federal Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (20 U.S.C. Section 1087kk et seq.), and have received a campus parking fee waiver.
Education Code 89030
Education Code 89700
Education Code 89701
Education Code 90012
Education Code 89701
Education Code 67311.5
(Amended by Register 94, No. 35.)