Oakdale Jt. USD | AR 4217.11 Personnel
Preretirement Part-Time Employment
District employees may reduce their workload from full-time to part-time for a period not to exceed five years.
Regulations allowing employees to reduce their workload include but are not limited to the following (Education Code 45139):
1. Employees must be 55 years of age before they may reduce their workload.
2. Employees must have completed at least 10 years of full-time service to the district.
3. Employees must have completed five years of full-time service immediately prior to requesting a reduction in workload.
4. The five years required in #3 must have passed without a break in service.
5. The part-time employment option is available at the employee's request and may be revoked only with the mutual consent of the employee and the Board of Education.
6. Employees will be paid a pro rata share of their full-time salary.
7. Minimum part-time employment shall be the equivalent of one-half of the number of days of service required by the employee's contract during the final year of full-time service.
8. The employee shall receive the same health benefits as those received by full-time employees.
9. The employee shall retain all other rights and benefits as long as he/she makes the payments for them that would be required if he/she still worked full time.
10. The period of part-time employment shall not extend beyond the end of the school year during which the employee reaches his/her 70th birthday.
45139 Reduced workload for classified employees
Regulation OAKDALE JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: November 9, 2009 Oakdale, California