Oakdale Jt. USD | AR 6116 Instruction
In order to allow students to take full advantage of learning opportunities while in the classroom, school staff shall ensure that interruptions are kept to a minimum. Strategies to reduce classroom interruptions include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Keep announcements made through intercom or public address systems to a minimum, limit announcements to specific times during the day, and only use the intercom or public address systems for announcements that apply to all students or groups of students. Announcements that apply to individual students or staff members should be distributed in writing and may be sent using email.
2. If hand-written messages are delivered establish a fixed time for the delivery to students and staff, except in cases of emergencies. Messages sent by email should be in a timely manner so that teachers have enough time to check for messages during the day.
3. Schedule school maintenance operations involving noise or classroom disruption, as well as deliveries of equipment and supplies, to classrooms before or after school hours whenever possible.
4. Inform school visitors that, whenever possible, they should make appointments in advance, in accordance with district policy.
(cf. 1240 - Volunteer Assistance)
(cf. 1250 - Visitors/Outsiders)
(cf. 3515.4 - Disruptions)
5. Notify parents/guardians that they should go to the school office rather than the classroom when they are dropping off their child late, picking him/her up early, or bringing by any forgotten items from home.
6. Inform school staff that no personal business shall be conducted during instructional time except in case of emergency.
(cf. 4040 - Employee Use of Technology)
7. Provide professional development in classroom management as needed to enable staff to more effectively reduce interruptions caused by inappropriate student conduct in the classroom.
(cf. 4131 - Staff Development)
(cf. 4231 - Staff Development)
(cf. 5131 - Conduct)
(cf. 5131.4 - Student Disturbances)
(cf. 5137 - Positive School Climate)
Regulation OAKDALE JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: May 10, 2010 Oakdale, California