Oakdale Jt. USD | E 9150 Board Bylaws
Student Board Members
STUDENT BOARD MEMBER GUIDELINES
Duties of Student Board Member
The duties of the student Board member include the following:
1. To provide continuing input for Board deliberations.
2. To strengthen communications between the Board and district students.
3. To represent all students and facilitate the discussion of all sides of issues. This duty does not preclude the student Board member from stating his/her individual opinion.
Selection and Term
The student Board member shall be selected according to procedures and criteria outlined in the OHS ASB Constitution:
1. The student body of each high school shall have one vote.
2. The vote shall be cast by an elected student representative from each high school campus.
3. The student Board member shall be elected by a majority vote.
4. The term of office shall be July 1 - June 30.
If the position of student Board member becomes vacant, another student Board member shall be elected following the steps listed above.
The Superintendent or designee's office shall provide the student Board member with full and complete agendas and copies of any materials received by the Board except for those materials covered in closed session and any other confidential materials. The Superintendent's office shall serve as the "home office" for the student Board member, where he/she may make use of secretarial facilities and receive advice and/or information upon request.
Exhibit OAKDALE JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
version: October 11, 2010 Oakdale, California