Paradise SD | AR 9310 Board Bylaws
The office of the Superintendent or designee will receive sample policies, regulations and bylaws issued by the California School Boards Association. The following procedures will be followed:
1. The Superintendent or designee will review the samples. If the Board of Education has initiated a committee of its members to participate in policy development, this committee shall also review the samples.
2. Policies, regulations and bylaws mandated by law will be given top priority. The Superintendent or designee will ensure that those mandated by law by a certain date are reviewed, amended if necessary and adopted by the Board within the timeline prescribed by law.
3. Policies will be reviewed for:
a. Legal requirements.
b. Applicability at the local level.
c. Options legally available to the district.
d. Future need.
4. The Superintendent or designee may delegate the initial task of review and revision to the administrator with appropriate expertise. However, the Superintendent or designee shall retain the responsibility of final review before submitting policies to the Board.
5. Draft policies, regulations and bylaws may be submitted to the district's legal counsel for review and recommendations.
6. The Superintendent or designee's office shall place the draft policy, administrative regulation or bylaw statement on the agenda of a public Board meeting for first reading.
7. The Board may return the drafts to the Superintendent or designee for further revision and/or move to give them a second reading and adoption.
Regulation PARADISE UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: May 19, 2015 Paradise, California