Perris Union HSD | AR 5116 Students
School Attendance Boundaries
Acceptable reasons for intradistrict transfer are:
1. Improvement of racial balance in the schools.
2. Improvement of conditions related to the health of the student. (These transfers require submission of a doctor's recommendation.)
3. Change of legal address pending. (Immediate plans for building a home or purchasing a home must be evident.)
4. Transfer of residence.
(cf. 5111 - Admission)
5. Participation in a course not offered in the home school.
6. Family emergency. (Situation which is not compatible to the welfare of the student.)
To initiate a transfer, the parent/guardian is to complete an intradistrict transfer request at the school of present attendance or the District Administration Center, giving the reason for the transfer request. The Superintendent/designee has the power to approve or deny the request based on the above criteria. It is assumed that the principal will concur if space is available.
In the rare instance where a reason does not meet the above criteria but an exception should be granted, the approval may be made by the Superintendent or designee.
Regulation PERRIS UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: December 16, 1987 Perris, California
Revised: January 26, 1994