Subchapter I--National Science Foundation Science And Engineering Education. Congressional declaration of policy
(a) The Congress declares that the science and engineering education responsibilities of the National Science Foundation are
(1) to improve the quality of instruction in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering;
(2) to support research, fellowships, teacher-faculty-business exchange programs in mathematics, science, and engineering;
(3) to improve the quality and availability of instrumentation for mathematics, science, and engineering instruction;
(4) to encourage partnerships in education between local and State education agencies, business and industry, colleges and universities, and cultural and professional institutions and societies; and
(5) to improve the quality of education at all levels in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering.
(b) In exercising its responsibilities to strengthen scientific and engineering research potential and science and engineering education programs at all levels, the Foundation shall avoid undue concentration of support for research and education activities.
(Pub. L. 98-377, title I, Sec. 101, as added Pub. L. 99-159, title II, Sec. 201, Nov. 22, 1985, 99 Stat. 893.)