Perris Union HSD | BP 4361.11 Personnel
Industrial Accident and Illness Leave
1. Management, confidential and other employees not covered by employment agreement subject to this policy shall be allowed sixty days leave during which schools of the district are required to be in session or when the employee would otherwise have been performing work for the district for industrial accident or illness absences in any one fiscal year for the same accident. The leave shall not be accumulated from year to year. The industrial accident or illness leave shall commence on the first day of absence.
2. When a person employed in a position not subject to representation under collective bargaining is absent from his/her duties because of an industrial accident or illness, he/she shall be paid such portion of the salary due him/her for any month in which the absence occurs as, when added to his/her temporary disability indemnity under Division 4 or 4.5 of the Labor Code, will result in a payment to him/her of not more than his/her full salary.
3. Industrial accident of illness leave shall be reduced by one day each day of authorized absence regardless of a temporary disability indemnity award.
4. When an industrial accident or illness leave overlaps into the next fiscal year, the employee shall be entitled to only the amount of unused leave due him/her for the same illness or injury.
5. Upon termination of the industrial accident or illness leave, the employee shall be entitled to the other earned sick leave benefits, and for purposes of these other sick leave benefits, his/her absence shall be deemed to have commenced on the date of termination of the industrial accident or illness leave, provided that if the employee continues to receive temporary disability indemnity, he/she may elect to take as much of his/her accumulated sick leave which, when added to his/her temporary disability indemnity, will result in a payment to him/her of not more than his/her full salary.
6. During any paid leave of absence the employee shall endorse to the district the temporary disability indemnity checks received because of his/her industrial accident or illness. The district, in turn, shall issue the employee appropriate salary warrants for payments of the employee's salary and shall deduct normal retirement and other authorized contributions.
44978 Certificated employee sick leave
44984 Governing board rules and regulations - industrial accident and illness
Policy PERRIS UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: 12/16/87 Perris, California