Legal Resources | Elections Code | EL 12286
(a) At least 29 days prior to the election, the elections official shall do all of the following:
(1) Establish a convenient number of election precincts within the affected jurisdiction.
(2) Define the precinct boundaries.
(3) Designate a polling place for each precinct.
(4) Appoint for each precinct a precinct board pursuant to Sections 12302 to 12304, inclusive.
(5) Notify the members of each precinct board of their appointment and the location of the precinct and polling place where they will serve.
(b) The elections official, in establishing precincts and defining their boundaries, shall, to the extent practicable, provide for a single polling place where a voter entitled to vote in more than one district may cast all of his or her ballots.
(c) In a landowner voting district, the county elections official shall designate the polling place at which a nonresident landowner shall vote.
(Amended by Stats. 1996, Ch. 725, Sec. 17)