Legal Resources | Education Code | EC 17292
School Construction, Approvals
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of law, an owned or leased relocatable building that does not meet the requirements of Section 17280 may be used until September 30, 2015, as a school building, if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The relocatable building was manufactured and was in use for classroom purposes on or before May 1, 2000, and bears a commercial coach insignia of approval from the Department of Housing and Community Development.
(2) The relocatable building is a single story structure with not more than 2,160 square feet of interior floor area when all sections are joined together.
(3) The relocatable building was constructed after December 19, 1979, and bears a commercial coach insignia of approval from the Department of Housing and Community Development.
(4) The bracing and anchoring of interior overhead nonstructural elements, such as light fixtures and heating and air-conditioning diffusers, and the foundation system complies with the applicable rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this article and published in Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations.
(5) The building construction, including associated site construction, except for the relocatable building defined in paragraph (2), complies with the applicable rules and regulations adopted pursuant to this article, Sections 4450 to 4458, inclusive, of the Government Code, and Section 13143 of the Health and Safety Code and the administrative and building standards published in Title 19 and Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations.
(6) The relocatable building is anchored to the ground to resist earthquake and wind loads.
(7) The school district has certified to the Department of General Services that the relocatable building complies with the requirements of this subdivision.
(8) The Department of General Services has issued a certification of compliance with the requirements of this article.
(b) The Department of General Services may assess fees to carry out the requirements of this section. Fees imposed pursuant to this subdivision shall be equal to the costs associated with making the certifications and inspections required by, and otherwise enforcing, this section and shall be deposited in the Public School Planning, Design, and Construction Review Revolving Fund.
(c) For each relocatable building that was used as a school building pursuant to this section, the governing board of the school district shall adopt a resolution by October 30, 2015, certifying to the State Allocation Board that commencing September 30, 2015, the relocatable building is no longer being used as a school building.
(Amended by Stats. 2006, Ch. 308, Sec. 1.)
Government Code 4450 - 4458
Health and Safety Code 13143