Ravenswood City SD | AR 3511.1 Business and Noninstructional Operations
Integrated Waste Management
To ensure efficient utilization of natural and material resources, the Superintendent or designee shall work towards instituting the following measures and/or practices:
1. Reduce waste generation by reducing the consumption of disposable materials, composting of organic materials and fully utilizing all materials prior to disposal.
2. Recycle materials such as paper, glass, plastic and aluminum, and minimize the use of non-biodegradable products.
3. Prefer recycled and other environmentally preferable products when procuring materials for use in district schools and buildings or contracting for the construction or modernization of any district building.
(cf. 3300 - Expenditures and Purchases)
(cf. 3311 - Bids)
(cf. 3312 - Contracts)
(cf. 7110 - Facilities Master Plan)
4. Work with vendors and contractors to use packaging and delivery materials that generate less waste.
5. Work with city, county or other government agencies to locate markets for the district's reusable and recyclable materials.
(cf. 1400 - Relations Between Other Governmental Agencies and the Schools)
(cf. 7131 - Relations With Local Agencies)
Regulation RAVENSWOOD CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
approved: October 14, 2010 East Palo Alto, California