Legal Resources | | T5 80632
Article 2. Professional Preparation Programs. Programs Providing professional and Specialized Preparation for the Services Credential with a Specializ
(a) The Commission shall approve an educational program designed to prepare candidates for the Services Credential with a Specialization in Pupil Personnel Services if an application filed by an accredited institution of higher education provides the following assurances and information:
(1) That the institution of higher education has been accredited by a regional accrediting commission or association which has been approved by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation and by the United States Education Department;
(2) That the institution has a curriculum that meets the requirements of (A) and one or more of (B), (C), (D), and (E) as specified below:
(A) In order to meet the scholastic needs of school pupils with a diverse range of needs, abilities and expectations, and programs approved as preparation in pupil personnel services shall give primary emphasis to helping public school pupils to achieve academic success by emphasizing the importance of academic advising.
(B) Credit for successful completion of a program of study for the school counselor specialization as specified in Sections 80632.1 and 80632.2 shall be:
Equivalent to a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter units; or 450 classroom hours of post baccalaureate study;
(C) Credit for successful completion of a program of study for the school social work specialization specified in Sections 80632.1 and 80632.3 shall be:
Equivalent to a minimum of 45 semester units or 60 quarter units; or 675 classroom hours of postgraduate study.
(D) Credit for successful completion of a program of study for the school psychologist specialization specified in Sections 80632.1 and 80632.4 shall be: Equivalent to a minimum of 60 semester unit or 90 quarter units; or 900 classroom hours of postgraduate study.
(E) Credit for successful completion of a program of study for the added child welfare and attendance specialization specified in Section 80632.5 shall be:
1. Equivalent to a minimum of 9 semester units or 13 quarter units; or 135 classroom hours of postgraduate study.
(3) That a procedure has been established that provides a record for each candidate to designate and complete a course of study based on an area of specialization in pupil personnel services chosen by the candidate for credentialing purposes;
(4) That the institution has a complete description of its candidate evaluation procedures which sets forth the institution's minimum objectives and verifiable standards of knowledge and skill that shall be demonstrated in courses and field experiences by each candidate in the areas of pupil personnel services selected by the candidate; and
(5) That a procedure has been established in which the institution shall certify that the candidate has satisfied all legal requirements for the Pupil Personnel Services Credential as specified in Education Code 44266.
Education Code 44225(b)(4)
Education Code 44225(q)
Education Code 44227
Education Code 44266
(Amended by Register 89, No. 14.)