Redwood City SD | BP 0100 Philosophy, Goals, Objectives and Comprehensive Plans
As part of its responsibility to establish a guiding vision for the district, the Board of Education shall develop and regularly review a set of fundamental principles which describes the district's beliefs, values or tenets. The Board and district staff shall incorporate this philosophy in all district programs and activities.
(cf. 0000 - Vision)
(cf. 0200 - Goals for the School District)
(cf. 9000 - Role of the Board)
We believe that children learn and succeed
1. In a safe environment with challenging and enriching instruction.
2. When all students and staff are held to high expectations.
3. When each of us supports their intellectual, physical, social and emotional development.
4. When they have caring adults in their lives.
5. In a community that respects diverse backgrounds and treats everyone equitably.
6. When their ideas and involvement are encouraged and respected.
7. When families actively support their learning.
8. When we work in partnership with families and community.
9. When all employees are highly qualified, valued and respected.
10. When each of us acts on the conviction that every child can and will learn.
51002 Local development of programs based on stated philosophy and goals
51019 Definition of philosophy
Maximizing School Board Leadership: Vision, 1996
Policy REDWOOD CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
adopted: November 4, 2009 Redwood City, California