(a) For the 1978-79 fiscal year, one center will be funded in each of six regions as established by the Superintendent of Public Instruction and each center will receive a grant of at least $80,000.
(b) Those applications to establish centers which meet the requirement of Section 11712 shall be ranked and approved by the State Board of Education on the basis of the following criteria, listed in descending order of importance:
(1) The extent to which the staff development program proposed in an application is designed to achieve objectives for the center as specified in Education Code Section 44680.2.
(2) The degree of commitment of a district, or the parties to a consortium, as evidenced by: policies; allocation of staff; allocation of fiscal and material resources including the provision of release time pursuant to Education Code Section 44670.5 (d); the integration of existing resources and services, and prospective utilization of the services of the center.
(3) The extent and degree of collaboration among the parties in a consortium.
(4) The potential impact a center will have regionally.
(5) The extent to which the staff development program proposed in an application is designed to provide all of the appropriate services listed in Section 11710(b).