(This section applies to students who transfer to a California State University campus from a California Community College on or after the commencement of the 1991-92 academic year.)
(a) Students transferring from California Community Colleges under the provisions of this subdivision may satisfy General Education Breadth requirements for the California State University bachelor's degree through satisfactory completion of the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum and a minimum of 9 semester units or 12 quarter units of upper division general education coursework. All upper division general education requirements shall be completed no sooner than the term in which the candidate achieves upper division status at the California State University campus granting the degree.
All lower division requirements can be fulfilled by completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum which shall include lower division courses distributed as follows:
(1) A minimum of 9 semester units or 12 quarter units in English communication, to include one course in English composition of no fewer than 3 semester units or 4 quarter units, one course in oral communication of no fewer than 3 semester units or 4 quarter units, and one course in critical thinking-English composition of no fewer than 3 semester units or 4 quarter units.
(2) A minimum of 3 semester units or 4 quarter units in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning.
(3) At least three courses totaling a minimum of 9 semester units or 12 quarter units in arts and humanities, to include at least one course in the arts and at least one course in the humanities.
(4) At least three courses totaling a minimum of 9 semester units or 12 quarter units in the social and behavioral sciences, including courses in a minimum of two disciplines or in an interdisciplinary sequence.
(5) At least two courses totaling a minimum of 7 semester units or 9 quarter units in the physical and biological sciences, to include at least one course in physical science and one course in biological science, at least one of which incorporates a laboratory.
(b) The president or an officially authorized representative of a California Community College may certify that the requirements of subdivision (a) of this section have been met through the satisfactory completion of courses approved by the California State University and the University of California for inclusion in the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum. California State University campuses shall accept certification of the fully completed Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum as meeting all of the lower division general education requirements for the baccalaureate degree.
Education Code 89030
Education Code 89030
(Amended by Register 92, No. 2.)