Article 3. Compensation and Pay Plan. Fixing of College Year, Semesters, Quarters, and Academic Holidays.
The President of each campus shall annually for pay plan purposes:
(a) Fix, and publish in the annual bulletin of the campus after consultation with the faculty council or senate, the beginning and ending dates for each of the following:
(1) The college year.
(2) The semesters or quarters, as the case may be.
(b) Fix, and publish in the annual bulletin of the campus all college academic holidays.
(c) Fix for the college year, with the approval of the Chancellor, the pay periods for academic year employees of the campus, hereinafter called academic pay periods. The first academic pay period of a semester or quarter may include up to 45 calendar days.
(d) Certify to the Chancellor and to the State Controller prior to the beginning of each college year of the campus:
(1) The academic pay periods of the campus for the year.
(2) The number of academic workdays in the college year and in each of the semesters or in each of the quarters of the campus, as fixed and published in the annual bulletin or as changed by the President with the approval of the Chancellor subsequent to such publication. Unless an academic holiday falls thereon, each Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in the college year, semester, or quarter, as the case maybe, is an academic workday therein, regardless of whether or not any such day is a legal holiday enumerated in Section 42920 of this Subchapter.
(e) Certify separately the college year, the academic pay periods, the number of academic workdays, and academic holidays for the laboratory demonstration elementary school whenever they differ from those of the campus; whenever the terms "college year," "academic pay period," "academic day," and "academic holiday" are hereinafter used in this Article, they shall refer to the facts so separately certified in any instance involving the pay plan of an academic year employee performing services in the campus laboratory demonstration school as an elementary teacher, principal, or supervisor. This certification shall be used only for the purpose of determining payments of salary to laboratory demonstration elementary school teachers, supervisors, and principals.
(f) Certify separately the college year, the semesters, the quarters, the academic pay periods, the number of academic workdays, and academic holidays for an off-campus center whenever they differ from those of the campus; whenever the terms "college year," "semesters," "academic pay period," "academic day," and "academic holiday" are hereinafter used in this article, they shall refer to the facts so separately certified in any instance involving the pay plan of an academic year employee performing services in an off-campus center.
(g) Submit a revised certification:
(1) When the President with the written approval of the Chancellor makes a change after the beginning of the college year in the college year, any semester, any quarter, or any academic holiday.
(2) When a change occurs in the college year or any semester of the laboratory demonstration elementary school.
Education Code 66600
Education Code 89030
Education Code 89035
Education Code 89500
Education Code 89500
(Amended by Register 95, No. 35.)