Requirements for a School District, County Office or Special Education Service Region with a Comprehensive "Local Plan" to Assess and Recommend for th
(a) The Commission will review assessment plans submitted by a school district, county office, or special education service region with a comprehensive "local plan" and will reserve the right to approve; to not approve; or to solicit additional information or clarification relating to those plans. The "local plans" may include provision for a program designed to provide experience with regular classroom students to teachers who lack this experience.
(b) The Commission will reserve the right to monitor, in cooperation with the State Department of Education, the implementation of those plans and to withdraw approval whenever evidence indicates that the plan is not being implemented as proposed.
(c) To the extent possible, the Commission will consolidate efforts initiated under Sections 80070.7 (a) and (b), with existing state application processes and program monitoring plans.
(d) Each assessment plan submitted by a school district, county office, or special education service region with a comprehensive "local plan", shall include, but not be limited to, an of the following components.
(1) A brief description of the process that will be used to assess the competencies listed in Section 80070.8 through such procedures as observation of performance and an oral interview, or written examination and oral interview, or oral interview. The panel shall be constituted as specified in (4) below.
(2) A copy of the form that will be used and a description of the procedures that will be followed in assessing the competencies listed in Section 80070.8 on the basis of the candidate's performance, if applicable.
(3) A copy of the written examination, if applicable, that will be used in assessing the competencies listed in Section 80070.8.
(4) A listing of prospective panel members that include representation from the following constituents, with a majority of the panel members not employed by the service region, school district, special education services region, or county office with a comprehensive "local plan".
(A) A Special Education college or university faculty member.
(B) A Resource Specialist.
(C) A Program Specialist or Special Education Program Director/Coordinator, or a school-site administrator who has had responsibility for administering a Special Education Program.
(D) A regular classroom teacher.
(E) A parent of a special education child.
(5) A copy of the forms and materials that will be used by the panel to assess the competencies listed in Section 80070.8.
(6) A description of the training that will be provided all panel members prior to the assessment of candidates.
(7) A description of the procedures and criteria that will be used to provide each candidate with a diagnostic report of the assessment which clearly identifies strength and/or weakness in the candidate's competencies in the functions listed in Section 80070.8.
(8) A description of the length of time proposed for each individual assessment, the frequency of administration proposed, and the charge to the candidate.
(9) A description of the process for informing candidates of the procedure for appeal.
(10) A description of the system that will be utilized to gather, analyze and store data pertaining to the implementation of the assessment plan.
(11) A description of the follow-up process to determine the ability of persons assessed and recommended to effectively demonstrate the competencies listed in Section 80070.8 as they function as a Resource Specialist.
Education Code 44225
Education Code 56362
Education Code 56362.5
(Amended by Register 81, No. 23.)