(a) Submission of Application. Each applicant for a Child Development Permit of any type or for any renewal thereof shall submit an application to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, or to the Office of the County or District Superintendent of Schools of the county in which the applicant is employed.
(b) Application Form. An application for a Child Development Permit shall be submitted on the application form. Application for Credential Authorizing Public School Service (form 4104, rev XX), furnished by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing and shall be accompanied by all of the following:
(1) If the applicant does not already have fingerprint clearance on file with the Commission, the permit application must include duplicate personal identification cards as specified in Section 80442 and form Application for Charter and Identification Clearance (form 41-CIC, rev 9-95).
(2) The fees as specified in Section 80487(a).
(3) Official transcripts listing required college and university course work appropriate to the permit requested.
(4) Verification of training completed through Commission approved non-college based training, if appropriate to the permit requested.
(5) For each permit requiring experience, the application shall be accompanied by original letters, from authorized persons having knowledge of the facts, verifying the dates and nature of the experience claimed.
(c) Date of Issuance. If all requirements for a permit are met by the date an application is filed, the permit will be dated as of that date, and that date will be the date of issuance. If further requirements are needed, then the date of issuance will be the date on which all necessary requirements have been met.
(d) No Renewal of Expired Permit. An expired permit shall not be renewed. However, if an applicant with an expired permit meets all of the renewal requirements and submits an application and fee the permit shall be reissued as of the date of filing.
(e) Failure to Meet Renewal Requirements. In the event the holder of a permit fails to meet the renewal requirements far that permit he/she will be required to meet any new requirements that have been adopted subsequent to the initial date of issuance unless an extension is granted pursuant to Section 80523.
(f) Reduced Fee for Early Renewal. When a Permit holder completes all of the requirements for a higher level of Child Development Permit within three years of the date of initial issuance, he/she may submit an application for renewal and the original unexpired permit and pay half the renewal fee.
Education Code 8370
Education Code 8362
Education Code 8363
Education Code 44340
(Amended by Register 96, No. 52.)