Chapter 5 Approved Programs. Article 1. Procedure for Validation. General provisions Governing Validation of Service.
The provisions of this section shall apply to all validation of service requests specified in Sections 80601, 80603, and 80604:
(a) Terms that are used in Sections 80601, 80603, and 80604, inclusive, are defined as follows:
(1) The term "credential" means any credential, life diploma, permit, or document issued by, or under the jurisdiction of, the Commission which entitles the holder thereof to perform services for which certification qualifications are required.
(2) "Applicant" is the individual for whom a validation of service request is submitted.
(3) The term "employing agency" means the school district or county office of education which submits a validation of service request to the Commission.
(4) The term "temporary county certificate" refers to the definition in Education Code Sec. 44332 for the certificate issued by a county office of education for the purpose of authorizing salary payments to certified employees whose credential applications are being processed.
(b) The following entities may submit validation of service requests. Each request shall be submitted on behalf of the applicant.
(1) The chief administrative officer of a public school district in California.
(2) The chief administrative officer of a county office of education in California.
Education Code 45036
Education Code 44332
(Amended by Register 96, No. 26.)