Division 8. Commission On Teacher Credentialing. Chapter 4. Procedure For Application For, Adding Authorization To, And Renewal Of Credentials. Article 4. Fees For Credentials. Fees.
(a) For the purpose of this section, credential means any certificate, permit, authorization, or other certification document, which the Commission is empowered to issue. The fee for the following services shall be:
(1) The fee for the issuance, reissuance, extension, or renewal of credential shall be fifty-five dollars unless otherwise established by law.
(2) The fee for a duplicate credential or to change a name on a credential shall be one-half the fee specified in (a)(1) or the credential fee established by law.
(3) Two hundred fifty dollars for a Board of Examiners' fee as provided in Section 80076.
(4) The fee for the state basic skills proficiency test shall be forty-one dollars.
(5) Twenty-four dollars, or the actual fee charged if different from this amount, to reimburse the Commission for the actual amount charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for furnishing its summary criminal history information on applicants for credentials.
(6) Thirty-two dollars, or the actual fee charged if it is different from this amount, to reimburse the Commission for the amount charged by the California State Department of Justice, Criminal Identification and Investigation Bureau, for furnishing its summary criminal history information on applicants for credentials.
(7) The fee for the Certificate of Clearance as specified in Section 80028 shall be one-half the fee in (a)(1) or the credential fee established by law.
(b) Except for the fee specified in (a)(4), the fees shall accompany the application for issuance, reissuance or renewal, or the request for a duplicate credential or name change; the fees shall be deemed earned upon receipt and shall not be refunded even though the applicant does not qualify for the credential or subsequently finds a reportedly lost or destroyed document.
(c) The fee for examination administered by a contractor on behalf of the Commission shall be paid directly to the testing contractor unless otherwise specified by contract.
(d) The applicant shall receive either a credential or an evaluation which sets forth the requirements which have not been met.
(e) Where an applicant has all the qualifications for a credential at the time the application is submitted, but where required verification or documentation has been delayed, no new or additional fee shall be charged if such required verification or documentation is submitted within sixty days.
Education Code 44225
Education Code 44252.5
Education Code 44235
Education Code 44252.5
Education Code 44253.5
Education Code 44253.10
Education Code 44280
Education Code 44289
Education Code 44298
Education Code 44332.5(b)
Education Code 44339
Education Code 44340
Education Code 44341
Education Code 44352
Education Code 52134
Education Code 52178
Penal Code 11105(e)
(Amended by Register 2009, No. 8.)