(a) Requirements. Each applicant for a Child Development Program DirectoPermit shall comply with the procedure prescribed for application in Section 80107 and shall meet one of the following options:
(1) All of the following:
(A) Completion of a baccalaureate degree with at least twenty-four (24) units of early childhood education or child development, including the core areas of child and/or human development; child, family and community; and programs and curriculum.
(B) Completion of six (6) additional semester units of coursework in the administration and supervision of child care and development programs. These six units must include at least two different courses. One course shall be introductory and one course shall be advanced, or they must be courses of different topical content.
(C) Completion of two (2) semester units of adult supervision coursework.
(D) Child Development Site Supervisor status, with at least one program year of site supervisor experience.
(2) A master's degree or higher in Child/Human Development, Early Childhood Education or closely related field.
(3) An Administrative Services credential authorizing services in public schools in California, with twelve (12) semester units of early childhood education or child development coursework and a three (3) semester unit supervised field experience.
(4) A current credential issued by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing authorizing teaching service in a self contained classroom or a secondary teaching credential in home economics, with twelve (12) semester units of early childhood education or child development coursework, three (3) semester units in a supervised field experience, and six additional semester units in administration of early childhood education or child development.
(5) Completion of equivalent training approved by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Equivalent training may include traditional coursework taken through a regionally accredited institution of higher education and Commission approved alternative education programs.
(b) Term and Renewal. The Child Development Program Director Permit shall be issued for five years and renewed for successive five year periods upon submission of all of the following:
(1) an application for renewal;
(2) required fees; and
(3) verification of completion of 105 hours of professional growth.
(c) Authorization. A Child Development Program Director Permit authorizes the holder to supervise a child care and development program operated in a single or multiple sites, provide service in the care, development, and instruction of children in a child care and development program, and serve as a coordinator of curriculum and staff development in a child and development program.
Education Code 8363(a)
Education Code 8370
Education Code 44225(d)
Education Code 8363
Education Code 8370
(Amended by Register 98, No. 17.)