(a) The credit student services standards per college in 1990-91 dollars shall be as follows:
(1) Admissions and records at $30.13 per credit headcount.
(2) Orientation: Twenty counselor days for development of materials and preparation; staff costs per orientation session equal to 3 hours of a counselor, 1 hour of a technician, 3 hours of a student worker, and 16 hours of clerical support; eighty percent of the new credit enrollees are served with 100 students in each orientation session; $5.05 for supplies for each new enrollee served.
(3) Testing and Assessment: One FTE technician plus one FTE clerical staff for administration of testing; plus $1.01 per enrollee tested for notification costs.
(A) General testing of 3 tests at one hour each at $20.19 per hour for administration; 80% of the new enrollees are tested with 50 students per test session; $2.02 to purchase each test, plus $0.10 to score each standardized test and $9.64 to score each holistic test.
(B) Additional limited English proficiency testing of 2 additional tests at one hour each at $40.39 per hour for administration; 5% of the nonexempt new enrollees are assumed to require testing with 15 students per test session; $2.02 to purchase each test, plus $0.10 for scoring;
(A) Pre-registration: The FTE counselors plus 25% FTE clerical support necessary to counsel each nonexempt new new enrollee on a one-to-one basis for one-half hour each;
(B) Post-registration: The FTE counselors plus 25% FTE clerical support necessary for student educational plans, general counseling, probation counseling, and Basic Skills counseling. Eighty percent of new enrollees will be counseled for 1 hour and 15 minutes for student educational plans. Fifty percent of new continuing students will be counseled for 1 hour of general counseling. Twelve percent of the continuing students will receive probationary counseling for 1 hour 45 minutes. Basic Skills students will receive an additional 30 minutes of counseling each term. Counselors are assumed to average 6.36 hours per day, 75% of which is spent with students. An allocation of $641 per counselor is calculated for supplies.
(5) Research and Evaluation: 1 FTE researcher plus 1 FTE programmer plus .5 clerical support staff plus $2,093 for supplies. Costs for this area are accounted for under institutional support and are not included in the standards rates derived in subdivision (b).
(6) Coordination and Training: 1 FTE administrator plus 1 FTE coordinator plus 1 FTE clerical support.
(7) Financial aid: 1 FTE director plus 1 FTE advisor plus O.5 FTE technician plus 1 FTE clerical support plus $2,764 base fixed costs plus $21.56 per credit headcount.
(8) Placement services cost of 1 director salary plus 1 FTE academic staff per 14,500 credit enrollees plus 1 clerical FTE plus additional 1 clerical per 4 academic staff members.
(9) Credit student activities costs of 1 director salary plus 1 FTE academic staff per 14,500 credit enrollees plus 1 clerical FTE plus additional 1 clerical per 4 academic staff members.
(10) Flat rate of $34.37 per credit headcount for additional, unspecified student services.
(11) The standards derived in subparagraphs (1), (2), (3), (4), and (10) above, shall be adjusted by the scale factor defined in section 58734.
(b) The standard rate derived from application of the above standards to be used in the 1991-92 allocation process, contained in Article 8 of this Subchapter, for the credit student services category shall be $692,999 per college, increased by the inflation adjustment pursuant to subdivision (a) of section 58773, plus $219.10 per new credit enrollment and $175.94 per continuing credit enrollment, both adjusted by the inflation adjustment pursuant to Subdivision (a) of section 58773 and the scale factor, pursuant to section 58734. For 1992-93 and each fiscal year thereafter, the standard rates shall be the rates used for the prior fiscal year increased by the inflation adjustment pursuant to Subdivision (a) of Section 58773.
Education Code 60700
Education Code 70901
Education Code 84750
Education Code 84750
(Amended by Register 97, No 46.)