Chapter 19.5. CalWORKs and Child Care and Development Programs Subchapter 2. CalWORKs Stage 2 Child Care Program Article 2.Requirements and Procedures for Receiving CalWORKs Stage 2 Services Eligibility Duration
(a) Notwithstanding Section 18406(a)(1), families receiving CalWORKs cash aid are categorically eligible pursuant to Education Code section 8350.5 to receive CalWORKs Stage 2 child care when:
(1) the family continues to meet the need eligibility criterion pursuant to Section 18406(b); and
(2) the requirements of Section 18084 regarding income reporting are met, in order to determine the need to assess parent fees pursuant to Section 18109; and
(3) the requirements of Chapter 19, Article 5 (commencing with Section 18108) regarding parent fees are met.
(b) A contractor's policies regarding family eligibility, except as provided in Section 18411(d), shall not supercede the categorical eligibility of a family receiving CalWORKs cash aid.
(c) When such a categorically eligible family would otherwise have their child care terminated due to the family's violation of a child care provider's policy:
(1) The contractor shall notify the county welfare department of the actions of the family that violated the contractor's policy in order to determine what action(s) may be taken.
(2) The contractor may take additional steps to remedy the situation that include but are not limited to:
(A) Developing a jointly agreed upon plan with the county welfare department for specific services to be provided to the family by the county welfare department.
(B) Jointly determining with the county welfare department whether the family would better be served in CalWORKs Stage 1.
(d) A former CalWORKs cash aid recipient meeting the requirements of Sections 18406 and 18407 is eligible to receive child care services in Stage 1 and/or Stage 2 for 24 months after the adult is no longer receiving CalWORKs cash aid. The 24-month time limit begins the first day of the month immediately following the month the adult is no longer receiving CalWORKs cash aid.
(e) A family receiving diversion services meeting the requirements of Sections 18406 and 18407 is eligible to receive child care services in Stage 2 for 24 months. The 24-month time limit begins the first day of the month that the family is determined eligible for diversion services.
(f) When a former CalWORKs cash aid recipient again becomes eligible for and receives CalWORKs cash aid, and then is terminated from CalWORKs cash aid, the family is eligible for another 24 months of Stage 1 or Stage 2 child care, or a combination of the two. The 24-month period begins on the first day of the month immediately following the month the adult is no longer receiving CalWORKs cash aid.
Education Code 8263
Education Code 8350.5
Education Code 8351
Education Code 8353
Education Code 8358.5
(Amended By Register 2002, No. 11)