Chapter 19.5. Calworks and Child Care and Development Programs. Subchapter 3. Calworks Stage 3 Child Care Program. Article 2. Requirements and Procedures for Receiving Calworks Stage 3 Services. Eligible Providers for Stage 3 Services
(a) The family has the right to select its child care provider. Licensed child care centers, licensed family homes, and child care exempt from licensure are valid parental choices of care for all families receiving Stage 3 child care.
(b) If child care is funded with state funds, a provider shall not be reimbursed for child care services that include religious instruction or worship.
(c) The child care provider shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Have a child care license or be exempt from child care licensing requirements, as specified in California Code of Regulations, title 22, sections 101158 and 102358.
(2) A license-exempt provider must:
(A) Be 18 years old or older,
(B) Meet or be exempt from Health and Safety Self-Certification requirements; and
(C) Be an eligible provider, pursuant to section 18227(c).
(d) A contractor may develop a policy for in-home license-exempt care requiring a minimum number of children to ensure the provider receives a payment equivalent to the minimum wage.
(e) The family's choice for a child care provider must meet the following requirements:
(1) The child care provider's hours of operation meet the family's needs for child care;
(2) The child care provider ensures that each child's attendance is recorded for payment purposes; and
(3) Adult supervision is maintained at all times when children are in attendance.
Education Code 8261
Education Code 8263
Education Code 8269
Education Code 8202
Education Code 8203
Education Code 8208.1
Education Code 8354
Education Code 8356
Health and Safety Code 1596.603
Health and Safety Code 1596.605
Health and Safety Code 1596.66
(Amended by Register 2012, No. 52.)