Title 5. Education.Division 6. California Community Colleges.Chapter 6. Curriculum and Instruction.Subchapter 6. Matriculation Programs.Article 4. Rights and Responsibilities, Exemptions, and Appeals. Student Rights and Responsibilities
(a) All students shall be required to:
(1) identify an education and career goal;
(2) diligently engage in course activities and complete assigned coursework; and
(3) complete courses and maintain progress toward an education goal and completing a course of study.
(b) Nonexempt first time students shall, within a reasonable period of time, be required to:
(1) identify a course of study.
(2) be assessed to determine appropriate course placement.
(3) complete an orientation activity provided by the college.
(4) participate in counseling, advising, or another education planning service pursuant to section 55523 to develop, at a minimum, an abbreviated student education plan.
(c) For the purposes of this section, a first time student is a student who enrolls at the college for the first time, excluding students who transferred from another institution of higher education. For purposes of this section, first time enrollment does not include concurrent enrollment during high school. To the extent that a college has the capacity to require and provide the services identified in (b)(1) through (4) to other students, nothing in this section would preclude a college from doing so.
(d) Nonexempt students who have completed the services identified in (b)(1) through (4) shall be required to complete a comprehensive education plan after completing 15 semester units or 22 quarter units of degree applicable credit course work or prior to the end of the 3rd semester or 4th quarter of enrollment, or a shorter period if required by district or program policy.
(e) Failure to fulfill the required services listed in (b) may result in a hold on a student's registration or loss of registration priority pursuant to section 58108 until the services have been completed.
(f) Information obtained from the matriculation process shall be considered student records and shall be subject to the requirements of subchapter 6 (commencing with section 54600) of chapter 5.
Education Code 66700
Education Code 70901
Education Code 76000
Education Code 76001
Education Code 78212
(Amended by Register 2013, No. 38.)