Subchapter 24. American Indian Education Centers. Article 1. General Provisions. Grant Application.
(a) For each five year funding cycle, the CDE shall release a competitive American Indian Education grant application no later than July 15. Tribal Groups or Incorporated American Indian Associations wishing to receive funds from CDE's AIEC grant program shall submit to CDE an application proposing projects responding to all requirements of law and these regulations. Original applications for 2007-08 grant year must be received by CDE 42 days from the release date of the application. All subsequent applications must be received at CDE 60 days from the release date of the application. Applications shall contain the following:
(1) Organizational chart of AIEC funded program and staff and the relationship to parent organization;
(2) Agency description and service location(s):
(3) History of cultural and educational service to the American Indian community;
(4) Demonstrated organizational capability and commitment to manage grants;
(5) Demographic profile of the proposed AIEC service area;
(6) Description of the target population including tribe (if applicable), school, community;
(7) The results of a "Comprehensive Needs Assessment," which must include:
(A) the number of American Indian pupils enrolled at each school site, their grade levels, school or Local Education Agency's state academic performance measures for the American Indian sub-group, and free and reduced lunch count;
(B) the number of pupils to be directly served; and
(C) the needs and concerns identified by community members, collaborative partners, school staff, parents/guardians and pupils
(8) A comprehensive plan that includes:
(A) Measurable outcome objectives to meet identified needs by service category listed in Education Code section 33381.
(B) For each activity proposed to achieve the objectives stated above, applicants will provide the following:
1. description of activity;
2. total number of American Indian pupils served;
3. total number of others served;
4. number of American Indian pupils in each activity session;
5. number of others in each activity session;
6. number of hours per session; and
7. number of scheduled sessions.
(C) An implementation timeline for activities; and,
(D) A description of the manner in which culturally responsive methodologies will be incorporated into program services.
(9) Documentation of, and plans for, continuing coordination and collaboration with local school districts, local tribes, other community organizations and resources.
(10) Signed CDE - General Assurances (February 2007), American Indian Education Center Documentation Requirements (July 2007), Drug-Free Workplace (August 2005), and American Indian Education Center Commercial Tobacco-Free Certification Tobacco-Use Prevention Education (May 2007), incorporated by reference.
(11) An annual budget, including narrative.
(12) The narrative for an AIEC grant application must be limited to 20 single-sided, 8-1/2 by 11 inch pages using 12 pt Arial font, with 1 inch margins.
(b) Applications shall be disqualified from consideration if they do not:
(1) Include all required sections of the proposal;
(2) Include the original signature of the Board Chairperson, Tribal Chairperson or authorized representative;
(3) Comply with the requirement that proposals be received by CDE by the due dates specified in the RFA.
(c) For each year after year one of the five-year funding cycle, agencies shall submit to CDE a continuing application that contains the following:
(1) Degree to which the objectives were met; modifications to the objectives, activities, target population, and/or implementation timeline.
(2) An annual budget including narrative.
(3) Signed CDE - General Assurances (February 2007), American Indian Education Center Documentation Requirements (July 2007), Drug-Free Workplace (August 2005), and American Indian Education Center Commercial Tobacco-Free Certification Tobacco-Use Prevention Education (May 2007), incorporated by reference.
Education Code 33382
Education Code 33370
Education Code 33381
Education Code 33383
Education Code 62000.14
(Amended by Register 2007, No. 43.)